Boba Fett v3.0 – 3D Print – EE-3, Barrel Basic Prep, Continued

Making Another Hole…

The business end of the EE-3 has a chrome part stuck into the regular Webley barrel. The actual prop uses an MPP (or Heiland?) flash tube. These are, of course, really expensive, so I’m going a different route…

At my local Menards, I found a piece of chromed brass plumbing pipe that is the correct diameter (1 1/2 inches) and about a foot long.

Cost: $9.98

Just need to cut the opening in the end of the barrel to the correct diameter. I marked it with a pencil…

Area to be removed…

Once again, employed the hole saw to get the opening almost to the size I need…

End portion, removed.

I then used my dremel to grind out the interior supports and bring the main opening closer to the exact size…

Jus about there. Time for a test fit…

And, the chrome pipe fits!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.