Measuring the length needed for the metal reinforcement.
Strapping cut down to the correct length.
I then made some rough marks where it needed to me cut for the front angles.
Metal strapping, front angles cut.
The Collar Plate was then reconnected to the Back Plate. I did this so I was able to add in some empty space, which will get filled in later, to try and take some of the pressure off of the pieces when connected. Ready to mix the J-B Weld…
I put a layer of mixed J-B Weld onto the parts…
Then, pressed the metal strapping into the J-B Weld and clamped it.
I then added more J-B Weld along the edges so that it encapsulated the metal strapping. I’ll let this dry, and see how well it holds.