The paper “template” was working, but it wasn’t very efficient because it wasted valuable time having to basically create the pleats in paper, and then do them again with the fabric. So, I switched over to just placing a small piece of white duct tape on each pleat, and then used the proper colored marker to designate the pleat size on the chart. This makes things go a lot faster. I now have the first sleeve completely pleated.
After wearing the Anakin Skywalker costume a few years, I decided I wanted something a little more menacing this year:
I already had the Black Series helmet, and the Black Series light saber, so I just bought the Rubies deluxe costume, and bought a new belt, gloves and boots. I then sewed up a better hood and scarf. It worked for Halloween, this year, but will need massive improvements for next year.
I plan to just start replacing the main soft costume parts with better parts, taking my time to get them really accurate.