Scout Trooper – Armor – Belt – Modding

Adding Strength…

Since the belt consists of 3 separate pieces, glued together, I’m a bit concerned that the stress on those joints could fail at some point. So, I’m going to attempt to beef them up a bit…

The back side of the Belt where the 3 pieces have been glued and plasti-welded.

The plan is to cut some metal strapping and use JB-Weld to secure it…

The first 2 pieces cut, and bent to conform to the contour.

Then, 2 flat pieces will go in the other area.

The “hump” area was marked…

I then used a cutting wheel on my dremel to make straight cuts.

Then, a different bit was used to remove the plastic in between the cuts. I need the cut out area to be flush with the rest of the area.

Plastic removed on both sides.

Test fit…

Nice and flush…

I then drilled holes into the meta straps. This should help give the JB-Weld something to “grab” on to.

JB-Weld mixed up, and applied to all of the reinforcement straps. Once it’s dry, I guess we’ll see if this is a working solution.

Scout Trooper – Armor – Holster – Modding, Completed

Adding Better Functionality…

Time to shore up the magnet…

I had some J-B Weld left over from the Helmet magnet mod, I decided to use it up to reinforce the magnet on the backside of the Holster…

Magnet now coated with J-B Weld.

I used the last bits of J-B Weld to reinforce the back side of the Holster where the rivets will be going. I’m thinking it can’t hurt to add a bit more support here…

Scout Trooper – Armor – Holster – Modding, Continued

Adding Better Functionality…

With the Holster padding added, I can now finish up the magnets…

With the Blaster in place, I can now see where the magnet that works with the one in the hand grip needs to be installed…

After marking the location, I used my dremel to bore out a small indention.

Then applied some super glue…

And added the magnet.

Scout Trooper – Armor – Holster – Modding, Continued

Adding Better Functionality…

More work on the padding…

A piece of white cloth, and the pieces of padding…

I sprayed a coating of adhesive onto the foam.

I then pressed the foam pieces onto the piece of cloth.

Cloth was then wrapped around the edges and hot glued to the back of the foam.

After trimming the excess cloth, I then hot glued the new padding into the Holster.

Not the best looking job, but it seems to do the trick…

Scout Trooper – Armor – Detonator – Assembly, Completed

Putting It Together…

Final assembly…

With the tube wrapping completed, it’s time to finish building the Detonator…

The tube sits in a small cradle, and is then held in place with a black zip tie.

After it was tight, I cut off the unneeded length of zip tie.

Completed zip tie installation.

The last piece is the back cover.

Back cover installed.

Completed Thermal Detonator.

Scout Trooper – Armor – Detonator – Assembly, Continued

Putting It Together…

Wrapping the tube…

The paint on the cable is finally dry enough to work with…

I fed some of the cable into the hole I drilled, and then put a dab of hot glue to hold it in place.

The cable was then tightly wrapped around the tube, and fed into the other hole near the middle. Some more hot glue was used to secure it.

One side successfully wrapped.

I then installed the belt clip.

View of the clip from the front.

Other side completely wrapped.

Other clip installed.

View of back side…

View of front side…

Scout Trooper – Armor – Chest – Decal Application

Adding The Details…

The indent decal…

The right side of the Chest Armor has a small indention that is gray in color. Rather than trying to mask off and paint it, I chose to just use a scrap piece of the gray decal material that came with the Helmet decals. I first cut a small piece, to fit in the indention…

Then the decal was applied.