I first cut two thin strips of self-adhesive Velcro…
That were adhered to the back side of the Back Armor…
I then cut a small section of 1/2 inch black elastic, and doubled over one end, and sewed it. I’m hoping this will help keep it from ripping when the rivet is put through it.
Then, a second strap was made. This gives me one strap for the top of the tank, and one strap for the bottom.
I then heated up a piece of wire and used it to make the rivet holes in both straps. My theory is, if I melt the hole into the elastic material, it should make it less likely to rip. I guess time will tell…
Then, two small pieces of regular Velcro were sewn to the opposite end of the straps.
Bottom rivet ready to be installed.
For the top of the Tank, rather than gluing the Topper in place, I’ve decided to just add a small screw. So, I drilled a small hole in the top of the Tank aligned with a thicker part of the Topper.
Then a matching hole was drilled in the Topper.
Small screw installed, and the top rivet ready to be set.
Top rivet installed.
Top of the Tank, when attached to the Back Armor.
Bottom of the Tank, when attached to the Back Armor.
Back side of the Back Armor, with the Tank attached.
Now, it’s time to add the button/dial thing…
I’ll be using a screw to attach this, as well. So, a small hole was drilled…
A matching hole was then drilled into the back of the button/dial.