Helmet v3.0 – Rangefinder Servo Mounting, Continued

Precision Is A Requirement

Whenever I start having to make major cuts into the helmet, I get really nervous.

I used my dremel to cut the part off of the front piece.

I then marked and drilled a hole…

Using one of the screws that originally held the rangefinder housing together, I attached the back of the housing to the helmet front piece.

I then cut the back piece off with my dremel, and drilled a hole to match up to the other screw hole.

Using another one of the screws, I attached the housing to the back part of the helmet.

The view from the outside.

Part of the dome had to be cut away to accommodate the servo.

Since this part will be facing out, I needed to grind off those little stop things.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *