Helmet v3.0 – Right Ear Cap Reconstruction Begins

Trimming The Fat…

I had a hard time keeping my knife straight for the scribe cut on the left ear cap, so I devised a “tool” to help make a nice straight cut on this one:

I built up a spacer jig around my exacto knife blade using some bits of junk and secured it all using a clamp.

It was a little difficult to wield, due to the imbalance of the clamp, but it got the job done.

I used my dremel to remove the extra sides and bring it flush with my scribed line.

Alignment pin needs to be removed.

A simple task…

This now sticks out too far. But, I don’t really need the alignment block anymore, so…

I ground it down with my dremel, as well.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.