Boba Fett v3.0 – Soft Goods v3 – Boot Toe Spikes

Mail Call…

After waiting nine months, my Toe Spikes finally arrived…

The Toe Spikes, themselves, are REALLY nice quality…

However, the bracket doesn’t quite fit the front of the boot…

The bracket center portion is just too small to fit that part of the boot sole, so the ends stick out too much. I’ll need to make a new bracket that actually fits the boot.

Why not just send them back and get the correct size, you ask?

Long story short… After dealing with this vendor and hearing excuse after excuse about when the Toe Spikes would be shipped, I just don’t want to have anything to do with them any more.

It’s REALLY sad, because the Boots and Toe Spikes are really good quality. The sales person just has ZERO people skills…

Scout Trooper – Boots – New Direction

Mail Call…

I had been trying to work on my boots, doing the sole cut outs, but I just wasn’t feeling it. It’s an extremely tedious process, and I’m just not happy with the way they were turning out. I was finding it very difficult to even get excited about working on them. After wrestling with the decision, I decided to switch gears and order the Crowprops Biker Scout base boots

Today, my boots arrived, and I can’t be more happy with the way they look, and fit. The soles are amazing, and are VERY close to the original shoe soles used for the film…

Boba Fett v3.0 – Soft Goods v3 – Boots

Mail Call…

Got a killer deal on this pair of Wasted Fett boots which includes real metal spikes (to be received later). I had originally intended to build my boots out of a base pair of high top shoes, but after figuring in the amount of time I’d probably spend doing that, vs the cost of these, it was a no brainer…

Boba Fett v3.0 – Flight Suit

Mail Call…

Amazon had the Red Kap coveralls on sale for $21.74, so I went ahead and bought 2 to use for the construction of the flight suit…

I bought the white, long sleeved version. Once completed, it will need to dyed the correct color.

Scout Trooper – Vest – Construction, Continued

Sleeve Placement…

With the body of the Flak Vest pieces sewn together, it’s now time to try and get the sleeves attached.

I first marked the center point of the sleeve with a pin…

The body piece was laid flat, with the seam markings facing up. This is the inside of the vest.

I put a small piece of tape on the outside of the sleeve piece, to make it easier to tell if I have the pieces going together correctly.

For the first test fitting, I used safety pins to attach the sleeve to the front/back, right long the edge of all seam allowances. Because of the extra 2 inches I added, the sleeves will be too long, but I need to get an accurate measurement of just how much needs to be brought in while wearing the Flight Suit.

I did a first test fit, while wearing the Flight suit. The Vest fits pretty well, around my chest, but of course the sleeves were way too long. So, I took a measurement from the bottom of the Shoulder Armor to the sleeve edge. It was 4 inches. There should only be 1 to 1 1/2 inches of sleeve sticking out below the Shoulder Armor. So, I re-pinned the sleeve to the new measurement…

Looks weird to me, but it’s late and I don’t feel like putting the Flight Suit back on for a test fit. I think I just need to step away from this for now…

Scout Trooper – Vest – Construction, Continued

Front And Back…

Creating the body of the Flak Vest.

Measuring out a piece of the duck canvas…

After the piece of duck canvas was ironed flat, I traced around the front pattern piece.

Then, I added the markings for the excess fabric that will be needed to create the seams, etc. I added 1/2 inch for the regular seams.

I added 2 inches for the sides, just in case I need to make any adjustments.

Front piece, cut out.

Preparing the back piece…

The back will need to be two separate pieces, with an overlap of 2 inches. To make this overlap centered on the back, I drew a line, 1 inch on each side of the center line…

The pattern was then folded on those lines, and traced on to the duck canvas.

The seam allowance was then added.

With the pieces cut, it was time to sew them together. I first pinned the top of the shoulder.

Which was sewn.

The other side was then pinned…

And, sewn.

Both pieces of the back, attached to the front at the shoulders.

I then temporarily pinned the sides together, just to check alignment. Everything seems to look good, at this point.